Considering we’re well into January can I still start the first blog post back with an acknowledgment to the new decade, f*ck it, I’m going to…
Hello 2020! To kick off the new year, I thought I’d share a product I have been obsessed with the last few months and it just happens to fit in with my New Years resolution.
British beauty brand New CID Cosmetics* screams futuristic beauty to me. The sleek white designs feel like they’d be on the vanity in a sci-fi movie, especially with their Apple-esque product names; i-primer, i-glow and i-pout. They give me a new experience with makeup, a definite change from the bright cute likes of my regular products from Too Faced and Kylie Cosmetics.
The beauty product that looks more like a piece of technology, than makeup!
My current obsession is the i-prime (£31.50) foundation primer, as the clear gel like formula sinks into the skin leaving it feeling so plump and velvety from the Vitamin E and collagen boosting qualities in the formula. The formula meets my New Years resolution to get more vitamins albeit this isn’t from ingestion, the nutrients are still working their magic on my skin.
The consistency reminds me of a silicone primer, but this oil-free formula works well with my annoying combination skin, giving me the moisture I need without flaring up any oiliness.
How is it different to other moisturising primers?
The formula leaves my skin feeling nourished and smooth, whereas I find most moisturising primers on the market do the first things but leave the skin either a.) a little tacky to the touch which is great for foundation application 90% of the time, but results in flaking the other 10%; or b.) makes you look like a shiny egg.
When I’m having a cba makeup day, I put this on followed by a buff of powder to cover my redness, then a quick flick of mascara, some brows, and I’m out the door.
What’s your favourite New CID Cosmetics product? Have you been sticking to your New Year’s resolution?- Be sure to let me know!
*I was kindly gifted these products to try.